Tuesday, March 1, 2011

French Riviera






After living in the South of France it is impossible not to miss the smells of the bakeries, the sounds of the locals chattering and the sights of the colorful markets lining the town. You can imagine my excitement when I came upon a French Restaurant, Le Central, tucked away in one of Denver’s small side streets. I took a peak inside and decided to stay awhile. As I looked around, the simplicity of the restaurant, the smells, sounds and sights of the Riviera rushed back.
As I sat in the restaurant with my cafĂ© and ‘vert salade’ I was able to talk with a French worker about all things France. As I was left with the main course, I thought back to my three most memorable moments in the country that are constantly simmering in the back of my mind.
In the next three entries I will tell the stories of the three times I was almost stranded in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment