Monday, December 20, 2010

Winter WonderLights




Whoever said the North Pole is not somewhere you can head to on a whim, was wrong, in a wonderful kind of way. I found it at the Winter WonderLights, at the Wildlife Experience in Parker, Colorado.
The holiday experience starts by following a winding path, lit up with wildlife themed lights and decked with Christmas tunes. I would have almost been completely satisfied just with the cheer the lights brought…but there is even more cheer to pass around.
You betch your holiday spirit that I waited in line to see Santa, and hand delievered the note I jotted at the station inside. There is a small Christmas village, real life reindeers and you can sneak a peak at the “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” in the theater.
Outside of Christmas fun, make sure to see the new exhibit “Globeology.” Taking notes, tests and filling out worksheets on the different biomes of the world never really did it for me. But this exhibit did because it accurately depicts eight different biomes. The most diverse night of my life started at the North Pole, and soon I was walking through the Arctic, Rainforest and Desert, where things really started to heat up! I thought about loosing the neck warmer and gloves because it is so real life.
And in case you were wondering what I wrote in my letter to Santa…I asked for a dozen tickets to next years exhibit… so make sure you stay in touch, I just might get that twelve pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment