Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Run The Republic


As I was staring at the 56 flights of stairs, I could already feel my lungs burning. Sunday 2,000 fearless souls took the soles of their shoes up 1,098 steps to run the Republic Building in Downtown Denver. The cause, to raise money for the American Lung Association. I tell you what, after finishing the stair climb, I have never been more aware of my lungs. But reaching the top of the tallest building in Denver is an accomplishment for all that participated and benefited anyone who has a tie to lung disease.

What got me to sign up was learning that the third leading cause of death in the United States is lung disease, and the deaths from lung disease are increasing at an alarming rate. Having a mother that has dealt with asthma for over ten years, I am grateful for the ALA for putting on fundraisers like this. Make sure you watch out for fundraisers that support a cause that you care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment