Thursday, September 16, 2010

Jazz @ Jacks



37 minutes to spare before meeting a friend, which also meant 37 minutes to explore
downtown. Walking along the 16th street mall, I knew I would find a new place I could
get to know. Jazz at Jacks it was.
There was a small crowd but the music was on beat! I couldn’t sit still. My head was
rocking, hand and feet tapping. It was school of funk night, if my school was as funky
fresh as this music, everyone would have made straight A’s. No sick days either.
V10 PowerBAND was the feature of the night! Power times ten, no doubt. Playing
everything from soul, funk and blues…but I didn’t have the blues that night. Their upbeat
music got at least 73 percent of the crowd on the dance floor when they played their
own version of the cupid shuffle. So we did our dance and let the music take control...
*To the right, to the right, to the right, to the right
To the left, to the left, to the left, to the left
Now kick, now kick, now kick, now kick
Now walk it by yourself, now walk it by yourself*
All of our muscles moving and before I knew it 37 minutes had passed and I was late
to sushi!
Jazz at Jacks features live music every night and Wednesdays and Saturdays
they teach Chicago Style Line Dancing. My next venture is already in the mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment