Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Muddy Buddy



The Muddy Buddy definitely rivals the Warrior Dash, and also comes at a gruesome cost. It’s a race that by finishing will also result in the story of a lifetime. And after finishing, you don’t even have to tell the story, your appearance says enough. Mud covered, face and hair included. My hair was dyed brown for a day, and I didn’t even have to buy a boxed kit.
This race is a partner event. One person starts out running and the other biking. There are four checkpoints along the way for the runner and rider to switch. At each point you complete an obstacle. Crawling under an army net, walking across balance beams, rock climbing over a wall, climb up a slide and putting your hands in the air and rolling down! Ok, you don’t have to put your hands in the air, but it’s that fun, you really can’t help it!
When you know the finish line is coming, you realize why you are warned to keep your nice clothes at home. There is mud pit at the end. You don’t just splash through this either. You crawl under flags, so you have no choice but to be submerged in mud. At the end a sloppy fist pump is necessary. You completed one dirty even. And you will already want to sign up for next year.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Carrie,

    Hope all is well long lost friend! I found your site (even though I've known about it through FB and your website) through Mike Ross' site. I just wanted to say hi and say I saw you at the Muddy Buddy but you were really far away and I lost you in the crowd. Hope you had fun! I know I did.

    Hope all is well. Just wanted to drop you a line.

    Best,
    Megan Tyrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan!
    I would have loved to see you. We will have to meet up soon and adventure around the town! Maybe climb a fourteener? !

    ReplyDelete