Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gregg Rolie



TRIVIA TIME! Who was one of the founding members in the bands Santana, Journey, and The Storm? Tick Tock… Here is another clue. He is a keyboardist, organist, and singer. Need on more hint? If I was a friend of his, I would call him roly poly, but spell it rolie polie. Okay okay…it’s Gregg Rolie and I had the excitement to see him play in Denver.
At the time, I didn’t know his credentials or background or that he had such a stunning beard. He was playing at a convention and I stumbled in. Once he started singing, and keyboarding, I was a fan quicker than someone could suggest I would be on Facebook.
I moved up closer to the stage to find out who this extraordinaire was. Gregg Rolie. And it’s not wonder he was inducted into the Rock ‘N Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. He has the stage presence, the look and the personality. From his Santana and Journey days, he has gone on to create his own band, the Gregg Rolie Band.
His band is composed of 4 musicians, 2 from Santana. They bring out something familiar from Santana but still distinguished enough as something that has it’s own distinct flair, rhythm and beats.
Proof that sometimes you just need to reinvent the wheel a little bit and something great can still be achieved every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment