Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thai Bistro Littleton, Red Bean Ice Cream



Have you ever ordered something that scared you? How about something like red bean ice cream? I suppose it sounds better than green bean ice cream. As I looked at the dessert menu at Thai Bistro in Littleton, Colorado, I wanted something that I hadn’t had before…typical. I have tried green tea ice cream, mango sherbet, and who hasn’t caved and tried a fried banana. (If you haven’t, tell me your will power secrets…see the comment section below ☺)
We spooned the red bean ice cream. Red tint and all. It’s a vanilla based ice cream, made with adzuki beans. These beans traveled all the way from Asia to sweeten up my smile.
I liked it. I mean once you’ve tried vanilla, chocolate, and cake batter ice cream, its only time to graduate onto something a little more authentic. Don’t ya think?
And these beans are known for their healing properties, and the amount of vitamins and nutrients in store…we’ve got magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, B Vitamins, …when’s the last time you saw that on your Dryers label? And it gets sweeter; the beans are high in potassium, low in sodium and help reduce blood pressure. And high in protein and low in fat. So what are you waiting for, get those red beans churning in the ice cream machine…there are plenty of recipes on line.

No comments:

Post a Comment