Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Los Cangilones de Gualaca

UNO, DOS, TRES…JUMP! I still stood there. And again. UNO… Ohhh I was shaking. Finally to the count of TRES and I jumped into the cool water of Los Cangilones de Gualaca. A narrow channel that soon forms into a larger channel, after a few seconds of free floating. It doesn’t look that intimidating, but for me it was. There is something that gets my adrenaline pumping more than a high dive ever will. I watched my Habla Ya guide jump in with no problem. uno, dos, tres, and he actually jumped. I uno, dos, tres’ed and stood, and retried and rethought. But let me tell you, when you give yourself no other choice and just jump, it’s that rush we all crave. The best part is you don’t feel like frozen needles are piercing your skin, and you are short of breath. I can’t think of a more perfect temperature. But say that you are cold-blooded, no problem. Get your adrenaline rush on, hop out and recoup by lying on the rocks that surround the water. They radiate as much heat as the environment radiates a fantastic environment. There is no tourist shed selling t-shirts, a line or a Popsicle cart man pushing you to buy some helado. It’s just you, your crew and the energy surging water waiting for you to jump on in.

No comments:

Post a Comment